Rubrik, the Cloud Data Management Company, today announced major data security features that enable organizations around the world to easily and accurately assess the impact of ransomware attacks and automate recovery operations to maintain business continuity.
With digital transformation accelerating as a direct result of the pandemic, ransomware threats escalated exponentially as attackers found more digital surface areas within businesses to infiltrate. In fact, year over year (from mid-year 2019 to mid-year 2020), the total number of global ransomware reports increased more than 715% according to Bitdefender’s 2020 Mid-Year Threat Landscape Report.
Rubrik’s data security provides an important line of defense against these common threats and helps IT teams to answer the most pressing questions regarding their business data: What is the content of the data? What is happening to the data? Who is accessing important business information? Additional breakthrough capabilities include intuitive workflows to quickly identify affected business data and initiate mass recovery in a matter of minutes, integration with leading security operations tools, user-based activity monitoring to see who is accessing sensitive data, and alerting of anomalous data events via a new security dashboard.
Rubrik Data Security
By converging modern data management with advanced data security and threat protection, Rubrik delivers data with built-in cyber resilience to help organizations. New capabilities include:
- Automated mass recovery of applications to rapidly restore normal IT and business operations from cyber attacks, such as ransomware;
- Integration with automation frameworks, such as Palo Alto Networks® Cortex XSOAR and ServiceNow® Incident Response, enabling tighter collaboration between ITOps and SecOps teams for faster recovery;
- Available two-factor system authentication to help prevent unauthorized access;
- Data risk management with new Sonar user behavior analysis to determine who is accessing, modifying or adding files; and,
- A global view of the customer’s data estate so IT teams can quickly and accurately identify affected workloads and files.
Transforming Disaster Recovery into a SaaS Service
Rubrik also announced AppFlows, the company’s new disaster recovery (DR) solution that enables IT teams to leverage their existing investments in backup systems, obviating the need to deploy and manage additional infrastructure to deliver business continuity. AppFlows are managed via a SaaS-based control plane, and leverage powerful application blueprints that capture the resource mapping and workload dependencies to enable reliable failover in the event of a data center outage. Applications in a VMware environment can failover to a secondary site, or to VMware Cloud on AWS for maximum flexibility. AppFlows makes it cost-effective to bring disaster recovery to the full portfolio of enterprise applications.
Read the full release here.