The risk management society RIMS has announced that Ellen R. Dunkin will lead the organization as president for the 2021 term, which began January 1. Dunkin is the senior vice president, general counsel and chief risk officer for Amalgamated Life Insurance Co. in White Plains, New York.
Dunkin has more than 25 years of experience driving strategic and enterprise risk management programs, as well as overseeing legal initiatives for companies including Crump Group; Marsh & McLennan Companies and Willkie Farr & Gallagher.
As president, Dunkin succeeds 2020 RIMS President Laura Langone, who is head of Insurance Operations for Airbnb.
Dunkin will serve along with the following officers, some newly elected.
Officers on RIMS 2021 Board of Directors:
- President: Ellen R. Dunkin, Esq.; Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Risk Officer, Amalgamated Life Insurance Company, a Member of the Amalgamated Family of Companies.
- Vice President: Patrick Sterling, SPHR, SHRM-SCP; Senior Director, Legendary People and Risk Management, Texas Roadhouse.
- Treasurer: Jennifer Santiago, MBA, RIMS-CRMP, ARM; Assistant Vice President & Chief Risk Officer, The Pennsylvania State University.
- Secretary: David E. Arick, ARM; Assistant Treasurer, Global Risk Management, International Paper Company.
New Board Members:
- Kevin Bates; Group Head of Risk & Insurance, Lendlease.
- Christy Kaufman, CPCU; Head of Governance, Risk and Compliance, American Family Ventures.
- Penni Nelson; Assistant Vice President, Risk Management, Hillwood a Perot Company.
Incumbent Board Members:
- Barry Dillard; Vice President of Risk Management Services, Walt Disney World Resorts and Disney Cruise Line.
- Twane Duckworth; Managing Director – Risk Management, City of Garland, Texas.
- Tina Gardiner; Manager, Risk Management Services, The Regional Municipality of York (Ontario).
- Gary A. Nesbit, RIMS-CRMP, CPCU, CSP, ARM, AIC, ALCM, SPHR; Senior Director of Risk Management, Young Life.
- Kristen Peed, AIC, ARM-E, CPCU, CRM, RPLU; Director of Corporate Risk Management, CBIZ, Inc.
- Robert Zhang; Business Risk & Compliance Manager, INGKA China.
- Ex Officio: Laura Langone, JD, MBA; Head of Insurance Operations, Airbnb, Inc.
Read the full announcement here.