Super Leaders: An Assessment and Development Workshop for Crisis Management Leadership
Sunday, April 22, 2018, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (full-day workshop)
Leadership is the most influential and critical element of successfully managing a contingency or crisis. Effective leaders have the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to inspire and impact others. Super Leaders are defined by their abilities and actions, not their titles or positions. A Super Leader understands the core mission and objectives, as well as the situation contingency actions plans and goals of effective crisis management.
This interactive learning workshop focuses on “Super Leadership” know-how, skills and abilities. It is appropriate for a professional at any level or career stage who wants to assess their own strengths and needed areas of for improvement. The course would benefit leaders of every experience level and any assigned role. The workshop is most appropriate for those who currently lead, plan to lead or who want to be prepared to lead when called upon to do so during critical situations.
- Review the traits, characteristics, and factors of superhero leadership
- Reflection and self-assessment
- Identify key focal areas for improvement in superhero leadership knowledge, skills and abilities
- Create a personalized superhero leadership road map to more effective leadership skills and abilities
- Applications to develop ability to recognize and critically evaluate superhero leadership in action.
- Super leadership simulation exercises for participation, analysis and discussion
Registration Fee: $495
Presented by: Robert C. Chandler, Ph.D.
Media Training for Business Continuity Professionals
Sunday, April 22, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (half-day course)
Communications about your response to an event is critical. It affects the reputation and revenue of your organization. When the rumors start to fly, when social media blows up with false information or eyewitness accounts, and when the media come knocking at your door, are you ready to communicate at your best?
Leaders on five continents know the rule: Don’t talk to the media until you talk to Gerard Braud. In this pre-conference workshop, media training and crisis communications expert Gerard Braud opens his vault of secrets to help you be a great spokesperson.
In this program you will:
- Discover why the facts don’t matter
- Learn why you get taken out of context
- Explore what really gets left on the cutting room floor
- Unlock the secrets to controlling every question and every answer
Registration Fee: $350
Presented by: Gerard Braud, CSP, Fellow IEC
Learn To Create A Table Top Exercise – An Exercise in Business Continuity/COOP Preparedness!
Sunday, April 22, 2018, 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (half-day course)
In this class presented by KETCHConsulting, you will be given four different Table Top scenarios, including the injects, and will learn how to:
- Create a situation, scenario and injects for your audience, your business, your location and your BCP maturity.
- Identify operations, decisions and policies that impact the ability of a business unit to execute
- End the exercise with conclusions and discussions that will change, emphasize, and otherwise affect your business continuity/COOP plan.
- Conclude with an “after action” report that will lead to effective modifications and improvements to the plans being exercised.
Participants will be given the complete set of injects for four different Tabletops.
Registration Fee: $350
Presented by Ted Brown, President and CEO of KETCHConsulting
Please follow and like us: