Discover new ideas and inspiration to build world-class Business Continuity Management from this masterwork that distills Hiles’ wisdom about what works and why from 30+ years’ experience in 60+ countries.
First published in 1999, the new 4th Edition of Hiles’ classic is the most international, comprehensive, readable exposition on the subject. It now includes:
- New or revised sections:
- New, extensive chapter on supply chain risk – including valuable advice on contract aspects.
- Horizon scanning of new risks.
- Fresh perspectives.
- Multilateral continuity planning.
- Impact of new technologies, including mobile computing, cloud computing, bring your own device, and the Internet of things.
- Extensive, up-to-the-minute coverage of global/country-specific standards, with detailed appendices on ISO 22301/22313 and NFPA 1600.
- BCP exercising and testing.
- Helpful discussion on issues relating to certification professional certification.
- New revealing case studies and vivid examples of crises and disruptions – and effective response to them.
- Updated action plans and roadmaps.
- Proven techniques to win consensus on BC strategy and planning.
- Hint of the future – what’s next for BCM?
- Demonstrates step-by-step how to build and maintain a world-class BC management system and plan. Shares field-tested tools and hard-won insights about what works and why.
- Chapter learning objectives, case studies and real-life examples, self-examination and discussion questions, forms, checklists, charts and graphs, glossary, index.
- 520-page book + hundreds of pages of Downloadable Resources, including project plans, risk analysis forms, BIA spreadsheets, BC plan formats, exercise/test material, checklists, and a variety of editable models, templates, and spreadsheets.
- Instructional Materials coming soon including valuable educational tools, such as syllabi, test bank, slides – for use by approved adopters in college courses and professional development training.
Andrew Hiles, Hon FBCI, EIoSCM, is an internationally renowned practitioner, consultant to blue chip companies and government agencies, and trainer of two generations of Business Continuity professionals.
Contact Rothstein Associates, Inc. to request a complimentary copy to evaluate for classroom use.