New York University’s International Center for Enterprise Preparedness (INTERCEPT), host of the Global Resilience Network and the Metropolitan Resilience Network, has announced that The Critical Intersection of CSR, Corporate & Community Resilience will be the special focus of its Urgent Threats Forum scheduled for November 28, 2018.
The Forum will be an opportunity to explore with senior leaders and international experts the range of current and emerging risks and how strategic CSR and operational resilience can target shared risks to both the corporation and the communities where it operates.
With leading institutional investors like Larry Fink of BlackRock (with over $6 trillion invested) calling for corporations to engage with their communities and address the broader societal challenges, the intersection of community and corporate resilience is an optimal focus for corporate social responsibility (CSR).
The topics of discussion will include:
- How can integrated CSR/corporate resilience protect employees and local citizens while minimizing disruptions to corporate operations?
- How can these activities best be targeted to achieve a “double dividend” to the community and the corporation?
- How can the resilience insights of corporate security, continuity, crisis and emergency management inform an integrated approach to CSR?
- How can corporations bring not only investment of CSR funding but also expertise and capabilities in real world operational resilience?
- How can we leverage a network approach to collaboration across organizations, silos, and jurisdictions as a force multiplier for preparedness, response, and recovery?
There is no charge to attend but participation is limited and subject to review to assure the most productive interchange. Click here to indicate your interest in attending.