The nomination period for the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) USA Chapter Board of Directors is now open for volunteers who want to influence the development and promotion of the business continuity and resilience profession in the USA. Three seats are available on the BCI USA Chapter board for BCI Voting Members.
To be eligible to serve as a board member applicants’ BCI membership grade must be either Hon FBCI, Hon MBCI, FBCI, AFBCI, MBCI or AMBCI and you must have held at least the AMBCI grade for a minimum of two years.
Nominations must be submitted no later than midnight (Pacific time) on July 27, 2020. Nominations entered after this date will not be valid and cannot be accepted.
The aims of the chapter are:
- To represent the needs and professional requirements of BC professionals working in the USA
- To be recognized as the premier influential organization for all aspects of business continuity in the USA
- To help shape and influence the future direction and development of business continuity in the USA, including BC related standards, legal, statutory and regulatory requirements
- To develop local, strategic partnership relationships with other BC related organizations
- To ensure the continued growth and influence of the BC discipline across different industries and sectors in the United States
- To increase the benefits of BCI Membership, including exclusive access to personal development, mentoring, training and education opportunities, as well as member discounts from partner organizations
- To encourage new members into the Institute and to grow the BCI USA Membership
- To promote business continuity as a career choice
- To promote the highest standards of BC professional and technical competency in the USA
- To expand the knowledge base and thought leadership opportunities for BC professionals working and living in the USA
- To facilitate and promote regional networking opportunities to enable BC professionals working in the USA to come together to share good BC practice, exchange ideas and build valuable relationships
Click here to nominate for the USA Chapter Board