Behavioral Science Applications has announced that it has been as approved as a Preferred Provider of CPE Credits by ASIS International, the global community of security practitioners.
The recognition from ASIS International comes in advance of Behavioral Science Applications’ 2022 Homeland Security Human Factors Winter Institute and Certificate Program which begins on January 12. Registration for the Institute is now open here.
The Winter Institute is a great time to further develop your understanding of the human element in security, emergency management, and business continuity, and earn up to 8 CPE credits toward professional development requirements.
The program features eight new topics and will run on consecutive Wednesdays from January 12 through March 2. The eight scheduled classes for the Winter Institute include:
- January 12 | Human Element in Cybersecurity
(can now be viewed on-demand)
- January 19 | Human Trafficking: Recognition and Response
- January 26 | Intimate Partner Violence in the Workplace: Emerging Trends
- February 2 | Managing Threatening Communications
- February 9 | Trauma-informed Security & Emergency Management
- February 16 | Psychological First Aid: Core Concepts-Key Skills
- February 23 | Behavioral Factors in Insider Threats
- March 2 | Understanding & Preventing Extremism in the Workplace
Classes can be taken individually or as a series to receive the Certificate in Homeland Security Human Factors. Each class is broadcast live from 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET and recorded for on-demand viewing. Attendance to the live sessions is not required to qualify for the certificate.
Participants who enroll in the 8-week institute also receive a $100 discount. Group discounts for organizations with 10 or more registrants. First-time participants will also receive access to the archived “Foundations of Homeland Security Human Factors” class as an introduction to the core concepts discussed in the Winter Institute.
The institute is sponsored by Everbridge in conjunction with media sponsor Continuity Insights.
Learn more about the Homeland Security Human Factors Winter Institute and register today at here.