Contact Us

Continuity Insights Management Conference

What You Need to Know About Wildfires

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Forest Service, an average of about 7,500 wildfires burn an average of approximately 1.5 million acres on National Forests and Grasslands. Over the last ten years, just over half (54%) of these wildfires have been caused by humans while the rest (46%) have been ignited by lightning. These wildfires also destroy thousands of home and create a significant rise in unhealthly levels of smoke.

With the U.S. currently in the middle of wildfire season, especially in our western states, the timely article from The Washington Post provides some key facts on the spread of these fires and how to protect yourself.

Read the article.

Continuity Insights

Similar Articles

2018 CI Management Conference Keynote Announced

Continuity Insights has announced that Gerard Braud, an international crisis communications expert, coach, trainer, and author, will keynote the 2018 Continuity Insights Management Conference, scheduled for April 23-25, at the …

12th Edition BCM Program Trending Study Now Live

BC Management is inviting all business continuity professionals to participate in its 12th Edition BCM Program Trending Study. This research is a globally recognized tool by business continuity and risk …

RIMS Joins Business Continuity Coalition, Focus on Pandemic Insurance Solutions

Recognizing the devastating economic impact caused by COVID-19, RIMS, the risk management society®  joined the Business Continuity Coalition to build a more stable insurance market that will support organizations as …

Leave a Comment

Share to...