By Virtual Corporation:
Most businesses today rely heavily on their IT systems to access and store vital data that is needed to complete daily tasks. Computers, servers, files, communication tools, and more help modern enterprises stay connected with their clients and customers and enable their teams to advance towards corporate goals. But what happens when disaster strikes, and these crucial systems go down?
If your enterprise has a disaster recovery plan, you’re on the right track, but these plans don’t always go into the details of how your business will operate and regain access to your data during an outage. To create contingencies for these events, a business continuity plan (BCP) is the answer, and outsourcing business continuity planning can help your enterprise achieve complete peace of mind in the event of an unplanned service disruption.
Why Should You Consider Outsourcing BCP?
Your business continuity plan should include all pertinent details regarding your IT systems and business processes such as the location of off-site data backup storage, contingencies for assets, partners, human resources, and more. Information and contact details for key service providers and other personnel is also crucial and can provide you with access to everything you need to continue semi-normal operation under uncertain circumstances. This may be a lot for one designated individual to manage, which is why many companies focus on outsourcing business continuity planning so that a trusted third-party can develop a tailored solution.
Top Reasons for Outsourcing BCP in 2021
- Reduce the time it takes to restore your essential systems. Outsourcing BCP provides your organization with access to more concentrated resources that can help you achieve operational status faster and get your teams back on track.
- Utilize the latest technology to recover cloud data. Your business needs more than a “set and forget” BCP. Access to advanced technology can help you recover data within hours so that you’re able to resume normal or semi-normal activities without delay.
- Remove the burden from your IT personnel. Outsourcing business continuity planning helps to increase productivity by enabling your employees to focus on daily goals instead of trying to divide their time between “urgent” and “what if” tasks.
- Reduce costs associated with on-site BCP management. On-site contingency tools add expenses that most companies can’t justify. Outsourcing BCP is a cost-effective solution and ensures that your business remains protected at all times.
- Gain complete peace of mind with a tailored BCP solution. Your BCP requires consistent monitoring to ensure that new aspects of your business are always covered. A third-party can assume this responsibility so that you can focus on the growth of your business.
Outsourcing BCP makes your enterprise more resilient, promotes increased productivity, and saves money when compared to hiring an internal employee or contractor. An external third-party can dive into the details of your organization to improve your overall approach to disaster recovery and business continuity, compare your plan to that of other successful businesses and drill down to a more cost-effective solution where you only pay for the services you need. Under the current weight of the COVID-19 pandemic, many organizations are reevaluating their expenses and seeking better ways to reduce fixed costs, and outsourcing business continuity planning can help to promote this effort.
About Virtual Corporation: Virtual consultants have over 50 years combined experience in the field and use methods that are highly scalable and easy to use across different sectors. Virtual Corporation’s mission is to empower organizations to achieve sustained resilience through software and professional services, and we are well-prepared to support your organization’s efforts. Learn more.