The BCI USA and Canada Chapters have announced the launch of the BCI Future Leaders Program for 2020. The objective of the program is to ensure that professionals new to the industry are engaged and have an active voice in the BCI’s North American chapters decision-making forums.
“This is a great opportunity to encourage new voices to aid our chapters in evolving and adding value for our members and profession,” stated Alice Kaltenmark, BCI USA Chapter President. “Our USA chapter board is comprised of seasoned professionals – each adds considerable value, but we want to encourage new voices too. Your voice is valuable to us. We need your perspective to help ensure we stay relevant for today and tomorrow. To that end, we are adding a seat to our chapter board to ensure that these voices are represented.”
“You are never too young or not enough experienced to get involved, we value your opinions and ideas, “ added Marie-Hélène Primeau, BCI Canada Chapter President. “Moreover, your participation in the shaping of BCI presence in Canada is a great experience to exercise your leadership and “working with others” competencies which will be key in your career development”.
The tenure of the positions will run for one year, January 1 to December 31, 2020. Successful role holders for Canada and the USA will:
- be a voting member of the national chapter board
- gain an understanding of BCI governance, and the role of a board member
- gain an understanding of the strategy and objectives of the BCI
- have a chapter board buddy to help you navigate BCI activity and your personal career
- receive one year of free BCI membership at your current grade
- have an active voice and role in evolving the chapter and making an impact
- build your industry network
- earn CPD credits for your voluntary contributions
Candidates will be requested to:
- actively participate in virtual chapter board meetings – these are ordinarily no more than one hour per month
- attend the annual chapter board face-to-face meeting – travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed
- propose, agree and deliver a specific project to add value to the BCI chapter and community over the tenure of your role
- write four blog posts, one per quarter, for thebci.org to share your experience with the wider community
Candidates must be actively working in a business continuity and/or organizational resilience role, have been working in the industry for less than 5 years, and be a Student, Affiliate, or voting member of the BCI
Applications should be submitted to David West (email@example.com) by 30th December 2019 with a CV or link to your LinkedIn profile and a statement of no more than 600 words stating why you would like to be a BCI Future Leader and how you can add value.
The BCI USA and Canada chapters will review applications received and notify all candidates of the outcome by December 20, 2019.