Managing The Human Element in Critical Events: 5 Key Concepts For Leaders and Planners explores the challenges faced when managing critical events, as well as strategies and techniques for mitigating and managing pressure-filled critical event situations. The white paper is authored by noted crisis management expert Steven Crimando, MA, CHPP.
Key topics discussed include:
- Three types of community/organizational behavioral response to critical events
- Anticipating phase-specific and hazard-specific reactions
- Understanding the “behavioral footprint” of critical events
- The importance of the “bookends” concept in behavioral response
- Understanding and managing operational stress
- Developing effective behavioral countermeasures
Download the white paper here via Everbridge.