Now, more than ever, today’s executive needs to be prepared to take quick action to annihilate crises before they happen. This credo is detailed in Executing Crisis: A C-Suite Leadership Survival Guide authored by Dr. Jo Robertson, a leading expert in heading off and containing crisis.
How leaders deal with crisis can clarify character and strengthen reputation. On the other hand, the wrong words and actions from the C-Suite can worsen the crisis spiral. Crisis management does not begin on the day the fire erupts, the hurricane barrels through, or the accident happens. Robertson lays out the key concepts that business leaders need to apply to their own organizations so they don’t have to rely on outside crisis advisors to swoop in and save the day.
Executing Crisis: A C-Suite Leadership Survival Guide, available from Rothstein Publishing, provides an extensive amount of information and understanding about crisis management. In this expansive publication, Robertson details key crisis survival and resilience concepts so that when a crisis happens, handling the situation effectively can become a part of your established business practices.
The book is packed with case studies and strategies for crisis management including:
- Communicating within minutes.
- Choosing and prepping spokespersons.
- Building and maintaining credibility.
- Shaping your own narrative.
- Tailoring a solution that works for your unique circumstances.
- Challenging experts’ “cardinal rules” and ensuring “best practice” is best for your organization.
- Adjusting your corporate culture to shine a light on problems.
- Identifying the signal detectors that can warn you that a crisis is brewing.
Dr. Jo Robertson a leading expert in heading off and containing crises, has a doctoral degree in Crisis Management and more than 20 years of experience keeping companies like out of crisis.
More details on Executing Crisis: A C-Suite Leadership Survival Guide, including how to secure a free chapter, are available at Rothstein Publishing.