This latest global cyber security research from ThycoticCentrify takes a close look at the perceived cybersecurity employee risks, what barriers are keeping them from being productive while working remotely, and the security risks they are taking to get their jobs done.
The report gives a better understanding of the risky habits of company employees and how their behaviors compare with your industry peers around the world. Get a cyber security “reality check” that will give you insights into:
- How employees understand cyber security risks and their impact
- What risks they are taking in to accomplish their assigned tasks
- What cyber security solutions your peers are deploying to manage remote workers
Key Takeaways from your cyber security peers across the globe:
- Despite knowing the security dangers, 79% of employees still engage in risky behaviors
The cyber security reality check is that employees do not believe they are a target for cyber criminals, or they are not important enough to worry about security risks, making them more likely to engage in risky behaviors.
- SMB’s are at higher risk over other organizations as they sacrifice security for productivity
Smaller organizations are least likely to have received training in the last year and are least likely to have implemented protection such as multi-factor authentication (MFA), or Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) compared to larger organizations.
- Cyber security awareness among employees falls short with only 44% receiving training in the past year.
Due to a major focus on phishing attacks as the main priority of cyber security awareness training, other threats are perceived as lower risk, contributing to riskier behaviors.
Download the report here.