Mitigating risk requires a coordinated program for risk and security management, whether the attack originates externally or internally from disgruntled employees, contractors or supply-chain partners.
Saryu Nayyar, an internationally recognized cybersecurity expert, author, speaker and member of the Forbes Technology Council, presents a five-step program that provides a road map for mitigating threats in any environment. The five steps include:
- Starting with the highest-risk users and entities
- Implementing risk-based controls
- Removing friction with risk-based authentication
- Executing continuous mitigation
- Acknowledging time is not on your side
Read Nayyar’s full post on her five-step framework via Homeland Security Today.com.