As natural disasters continue to break records and with the COVID-19 pandemic complicating disaster management and recovery across the world, the Homeland Security Digital Library (HSDL) has collected a number of resources to provide readers with some guidance on disaster recovery reform and issues.
The following list contains a small sample of resources that HSDL has collected:
- Disaster Recovery: Additional Actions Needed to Identify and Address Potential Recovery Barriers, Report to Congressional Requesters
- Disaster Recovery: Better Data Are Needed to Ensure HUD Block Grant Funds Reach Vulnerable Populations, Report to Congressional Requesters
- Disaster Recovery: Efforts to Identify and Address Barriers to Receiving Federal Recovery Assistance, Statement of Chris P. Currie, Director, Homeland Security and Justice, Testimony Before the Committee on Homeland Security, House of Representatives
- Success of Future Disaster Response and Recovery Efforts Depends on FEMA Addressing Current Vulnerabilities
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018 (DRRA): Implementation Updates for Select Provisions [April 27, 2021]
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018 (DRRA): Implementation Update Tables for Select Provisions [Updated April 27, 2021]
- Natural Disaster State Policy Recommendations: NCSL Public Private Partnership on Disaster Mitigation and Recovery
For more information on related topics, visit the HSDL Featured Topics on climate change and natural disasters such as: Hurricanes, Wildfires, and Earthquakes, or check out further HSDL resources related to disaster recovery.
Learn more here.