Rothstein Publishing is offering Business Continuity professionals a free chapter – Introduction to Cybersecurity Law – from Tari Schreider’s latest publication, Cybersecurity Law, Standards and Regulations (2nd Edition).
In today’s litigious business world, cyber-relateted matters could land you in court. As a computer security professional, you are protecting your data, but are you protecting your company? While you know industry standards and regulations, you may not be a legal expert. Fortunately, in a few hours of reading, rather than months of classroom study, Schreider’s Cybersecurity Law, Standards and Regulations (2nd Edition), lets you integrate legal issues into your security program.
This complimentary chapter will give you insight into:
- Communicating effectively with your company’s legal counsel by having a working knowledge of how the US legal system applies to cybersecurity.
- Seeking out and implement ways to improve your company’s cybersecurity program to avoid post-cyberattack lawsuits.
Read more about Schreider’s 2nd Edition including how his practical, easy-to-understand explanations will help you:
- Understand your legal duty to act reasonably and responsibly to protect assets and information.
- Identify which cybersecurity laws have the potential to impact your cybersecurity program.
- Upgrade cybersecurity policies to comply with state, federal, and regulatory statutes.
- Communicate effectively about cybersecurity law with corporate legal department and counsel.
- Understand the implications of emerging legislation for your cybersecurity program.
- Know how to avoid losing a cybersecurity court case on procedure – and develop strategies to handle a dispute out of court.
- Develop an international view of cybersecurity and data privacy – and international legal frameworks.
Click here to learn more and download the chapter at no charge.