Business Continuity Director
Business Continuity Director Project and Program Management Atlanta, GA
WHO WE ARE
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Director Business Continuity – Comcast Business will play a leading role in managing the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) activities of Comcast Business (policy, planning, implementation and operation, performance assessment, management review, improvement, and documentation providing auditable evidence). This position will report directly to the VP of Security, E.H.S. and Business Continuity.
Responsible for the management of the Program Management Office (PMO), including personnel management. Develops and delivers a PMO that can effectively set standards; provides an overall program management strategy; provides direct program management and consulting, as necessary; builds and maintains organizational knowledge as it relates to the function of managing projects and programs. May direct multiple teams of professionals.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Understand and identify the legal/ regulatory requirements of Comcast Business customers as it pertains to continuity of operation, implementing, maintaining, and documenting procedures.
- Ensure Senior Management’s involvement with BCMS through proper support and commitment to the program
- Ensure responsibilities and authorities for relevant roles are assigned and communicated within the organization
- Direct resources (leading a team of both permanent and contractor positions) in the scoping, development, testing and annual updating of end-to-end BC/DR plans for each Comcast Business product line
- Ensure all product lines (by market segment) have appropriate, disaster response escalation procedures, and level of testing
- Manage the strategic risks identified after completion of Business Impact Assessments (BIAs), Technology Risk Assessments (TRAs), and Location Risk Assessments (LRAs), coaching key business leaders to make critical risk tolerance decisions balancing complex value vs. cost decisions
- Facilitate the determination and selection of continuity strategies with Senior Management
- Ensure all relevant teams, technologies, and locations have continuity plans commensurate with their level of criticality to key business processes
- Facilitate the documenting of procedures on how Comcast Business employees will communicate, manage, respond, and recover from disruptive incidents impacting operations
- Ensure vendor management process is modified and maintained to include requirements for BC/DR for all third party vendors
- Design scenarios and conduct exercises that test end-to-end resiliency of Comcast Business operations, and products/services
- Collaborate with Legal and Product owners to establish process for developing auditable BC/DR information that can be reviewed by necessary customers
- Review and approve BC/DR response to RFP and annual due diligence inquiries from current and prospective customers
- Cross-functionally work with TPX and BCO, participating in annual reviews of policies and procedures pertaining to Comcast Business
- Develop annual summary of BC/DR risks within Comcast Business to incorporate into Corporate/ Cable’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process and board reporting
- Executes and oversees PMO processes. Oversees program budgets.
- Develops cross-functional plans, objectives, and strategies. Interprets company goals into functional goals and strategies.
- Provides leadership and management to the Program Management team. Possesses staffing accountability, including recruitment and retention, leadership and professional development, and performance management.
- Provides support for corporate budgeting and budget tracking.
- Acts as a PMO point of contact for senior management stakeholders.
- Mentors the organization in PMO practices.
- Recommends and implements corrective action across organizations, as necessary, to improve program performance.
- Responsible for PMO training, hiring, performance management, and development of PMO staff. Performs staff performance assessments, salary reviews, and bonus awards. Establishes PMO career path.
- Works with other organizations to continuously improve business processes.-Keeps abreast of new developments in project management methodologies, agile practices, best practices, and industry standards.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Field of Study-Business, Engineering
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible experience
- Knowledge of Comcast operations, or combination of industry-leading BC/DR principles and relevant experience required
- Industry experience (media and entertainment) a plus
- Certifications in Business Continuity or Emergency Management strongly preferred (e.g. CBCP, CEM, etc.)
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Familiarity with business continuity software or other relational database environments
- Ability to work in a complex, dynamic and fast-paced environment with strong project management skills that include: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, and adapting to change
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills exhibited in the form of relationship management, collaboration
- Strong executive presence, demonstrating ability to develop and maintain executive relationships
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Got a Question? We’re always online. Check our FAQs or connect with @ComcastCareers.
Apply here with Comcast Business.