BC Management has released its 2021 BCM Career + Professional Development Report which highlights tips for business continuity professionals to ensure their career resiliency. The first of its kind report was developed in conjunction with Continuity Insights and DRJ.
The study details some very intriguing data trends, including everything from the hard and soft skills most prevalent in the resiliency profession, trends in career assessment and management, tips on training and personnel development, and an assessment of the top skills in demand by hiring managers.
Key highlights include:
- 38% of professionals with less than 15 years total work experience chose Business Continuity as a career path in college or shortly thereafter.
- 35% view their role as a career in which they’d like to do more, but it’s hard to grow professionally.
- 19% are active leaders within a BC association or user group.
- Managers target program management skills when hiring entry-level BC professionals, but then target program design strategy skills when hiring at the senior-level.
- Key soft skills include: Change Agent, Emotional Intelligence, and Situational Awareness
Professionals interested in receiving a customized BCM Peer Career Benchmarking Dashboard for the study may still participate and request your personalized dashboard once you submit your study response.
Click here to take the survey and create your personalized dashboard.