Promontory Financial Group
This presentation will describe the life cycle of a sound business resiliency strategy and program. We will discuss key topics such as ‘Where does crisis management end and business continuity begin?’, program governance (Where does BCP report? Working groups vs steering committees, management support and oversight), critical components (e.g., BIA/risk assessments , tools), training program, testing program, tabletop program (from simple departmental tabletops to large scale disasters), metrics and reporting, and regulatory compliance.
B16: Gaining Traction for Your BCM Program Through a Simple, Strategic, Service-Oriented Approach
In this presentation, the presenter will show you how to:
- Completely change your approach to the problems of “BCM buy-in.”
- Find new ways to engage and support your BCM program partners and subject matter experts.
- Develop easier-to-use policies, procedures, and plans.
- Improve your overall relationships with everyone involved in your BCM program.
- Craft a program that works around the roadblocks rather than running headlong into them.
Based on the eBook: The Manager’s Guide to Simple, Strategic, Service-Oriented Business Continuity